Thursday, January 27, 2011

Coloring and Nosebleeds

Another week of teaching is just about over. Nothing too exciting happening...so here are some pictures.

I teach a "baby class" of five-year-olds every day after lunch. Some of the babies are so eager that they literally wait for me at the door until I show up.




This guy's ready to do some serious coloring.









Today, all of the "Big B's" in the picture were colored brown, and all of the "little b's" were colored pink. Challenging stuff, I know.





The students follow my example on the board. The result is usually a picture of a bear or a dinosaur or something. And they love it.





Some students have a bit of trouble following directions...or they're just rebelling against the curriculum by trying to be more creative. It's one or the other.



This poor guy just randomly had a massive nosebleed in the middle of class. Suddenly, blood was gushing out and dripping onto his desk and workbook. Not really sure what was going on. In any case, if it keeps happening, I might have to establish firmer rules about the cocaine use during snack time.

Gotta keep that breath fresh for the ladies.










The students often bring us presents. Usually it's just candy or chocolates. But every now and then it's a scarf made from genuine rabbit fur. I'm guessing at least 3 rabbits must have been sheered to make this one.
Outside of school, there's still not much going on. It's been really cold, and snowing almost every day. I hate the winter. I wake up most mornings wondering why I ever left Southeast Asia...


The biggest event of my week: Danielle cut my hair. It was definitely time. The bottle-smashing incident had left a bald patch and it must have looked pretty ridiculous these past couple weeks. Even so, you'll be missed, budding Jew-fro; it's always tough to say goodbye.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha i love your kids...but maybe you should do something to help the kid with the nosebleed instead of taking pictures of him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn dude, the budding jew fro would have looked great next to my curly ass mess that ive been growing since october lol

    ReplyDelete