Thursday, November 4, 2010

Five Days To Go

On Tuesday I will board my first of 4 flights en route to Thailand. Having a one-way ticket is a pretty liberating feeling... so far all I know for sure is that I'll be living in Phuket for my first 5 or 6 weeks abroad.

So the overnight lows in Massachusetts are already down to the 30s and it's only the first week in November. Meanwhile Phuket right now has temperatures in the mid-80s. It feels kind of strange to be wearing wool socks and a hoodie and at the same time filling my backpack with sandals and swim shorts and lax pinnies, but I can't complain. Bring on the heat.

I was never a huge fan of glutenous airline food, but as I learned on my trip to Vietnam earlier this summer, the gluten-intolerant airline food that Cathay Pacific offers doesn't exactly deserve to bear the name "food". So this time, I will be prepared: for my 26 hours of flying time, I will bring a few sandwiches made on homemade GF bread (probably the last time I can expect to eat bread in the next 6 months), along with Glutino breakfast bars, Udi's GF granola, and some fruit. On the way to Vietnam in June, I attempted to eat a meal in the Hong Kong airport, but this proved to be a mistake as my server had never heard of gluten, and I definitely learned my lesson. So now and in the future I will always bring a hefty supply of my own food.

That's all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment