Wednesday, November 10, 2010

GFMLs and Lost Luggage

I finally arrived in Phuket, but my luggage did not. Can't say I'm surprised. We were delayed in Vancouver waiting for a flight attendant to board the plane, so by the time I deplaned in Hong Kong, I had about 20 minutes to board my connecting flight to Phuket, which was conveniently located in a terminal at the opposite end of the airport from where I landed. I sprinted, took a shuttle, sprinted some more, went through customs, took another shuttle, and sprinted to the gate with about 2 minutes before the cabin door was closed. So I made it, but my bags are still in Hong Kong. I blame Canada. Anyway, I should be getting the bags tonight, and I haggled with the Dragonair agent at the luggage services desk until she gave me 1,300 baht as compensation. Not bad if you ask me...if my luggage actually comes tonight, that is.

It's raining here, so I'm just hanging out at the hotel with a bunch of my new TESOL classmates. Fortunately I'm not too jet-lagged. Here are some photos from the last 2+ days of traveling:

JFK airport...goodbye America.









GFML = Gluten Free MeaL (or more aptly put, Gluten Fucked My Life)








The first of four GFMLs - rice cakes, blackberry jam, steamed chicken/vegatables, white rice, fresh fruit. And it was actually pretty good.





Sunrise over Japan from my airplane window











GFML breakfast was subpar. Eating that..thing..in the bottom right was like biting into a brick...






...which is why I was so glad I brought sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment